ETHNews Copy Editor
Sparks, NV Full time 16.00/Hr
This position requires the ability to relocate to the Reno/Sparks NV area.
ETHNews is an emerging provider of Ethereum and Blockchain ecosystem news. We cover breaking news, announcements, information, and in-depth analyses on Ethereum, blockchain, and virtual currency developments.
ETHNews is an independent publication. We strive to report news accurately and objectively. We are a non-monetizing media outlet—our site does not publish any form of advertising, including sponsored content, and we do not accept payment in exchange for publishing content.
This position is responsible for proofreading documents and suggesting grammatical and spelling changes. This position ensures that text is readable, accurate, and ready for publication.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Getting up to speed with concepts related to cryptocurrency and blockchain technology
- Copy editing and proofreading all text in assigned projects
- Ensuring articles conform to AP style
- Fact-checking articles
- Simplifying complex articles without sacrificing accuracy
- Communicating larger editorial problems to the managing editor
- Ensuring that all edited text goes through any necessary reviews
- Participating in ETHNews team activities and supporting team goals
- Performing other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications, or related degree preferred
- Six months of experience as a paid copy editor for a professional publisher or marketing/PR firm
- Ability to maintain high-quality work while meeting tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Familiarity with AP style
Apply for this position
Drag and drop file to uploador
No File Uploaded
Terms and Conditions