IT Helpdesk - Level 1
Sparks, NV Full Time Hourly DOE
This position is responsible for customer service, technical assistance, and support activities related to end user computers, devices, applications, communications, and related equipment. The candidate responds to service requests, performs diagnostics, identifies the problem, and determines and implements solutions, escalates requests as necessary to 2nd level support, or other groups. This is a full-time, on-site position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide first line analysis and response to incidents and service requests submitted by internal business users.
- Respond to and resolve user requests for assistance in person, via phone, via web, and via email.
- Perform diagnostics and work with user as needed to properly document, prioritize, and queue incoming requests requiring 2nd level support.
- Perform routine support tasks such as security, imaging, inventory, and software installs, leveraging more experienced IT Specialist as required.
- Utilize and maintain the help desk tracking software.
- Assist in maintaining, creating, delivering IT and end user documentation and training related to end user computers, devices, applications, communications, and related equipment.
- May participate in on-call duties on a weekly rotational basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree, Bachelor of Science is preferred.
- Proficient in Windows operating systems and Office products including Outlook.
- Experience in setting up computer equipment, network printers, phones and mobile devices.
- 3-5 years of help desk experience supporting a fast-growing company, 1 year of relevant technical experience required, or a relevant combination of the 2.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment as well as be a self-starter.
- Participates in on call and after hours and weekend work schedules.
- CompTIA A+ Certification and Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) certifications preferred.
- Two-year degree, applicable certification, or equivalent experience required.
- Previous experience in customer support, computer operations, system administration, or related areas preferred.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills are required.
- Technical knowledge of MS Windows client/desktop systems, applications and infrastructure components.
- Familiar with most basic desktop system administration tools and processes.
Apply for this position
Drag and drop file to uploador
No File Uploaded
Terms and Conditions